I hadn’t realized I violated curfew as I recorded the first half of Mozart’s G Major Sonata, K. 283 (Presto) on Mac21 last night starting at dusk. Here in my Berkeley apartment complex, washing machines, dryers, and all music must cease at 10 p.m. meaning my video/audio track had ostensibly gone down the drain in my overtime spin– (Part A was memorialized as my iMovie “Project”) but I hadn’t the know-how to merge an incubating Part B the next DAY to finish the job. (At all costs I’d wanted to avoid a beer-bottle disposing neighbor who could put the kibosh on any further recording efforts this weekend.) He’d been known to trash more than one Bach Little Prelude in progress.
Still, embracing a shred of optimism, I headed for Google.com hoping to dig myself out of a despairing ditch. My Search Terms, “MERGING projects on iMovie” might lead to W.A.’s resurrection.
The Angels must have sprinkled fairy dust over my domain, because I found five other sobbing souls looking for the second coming. (That is, how to tag on part B)
The answer to our common project-related problem was as clear as day. “Select All, and paste the rest of the movement (when recorded) to what took place BEFORE.”
So true to every Chosen Word, I followed the Google-derived Gospel and completed my Project when the sun was comfortably shining at 10 a.m.
With an ear and eye to the latest technology, I stitched together this rendering, that had its original formatting as a spreadsheet.
Mozart Presto, K. 283